The San Francisco YMCA was building a new public-facing Web site, and needed to keep its data synchronized with the authoritative source hosted by a third-party service.
- Drafted options for importing remote data.
- Mapped remote data types to corresponding records defined in local data model.
- Determined optimal use of APIs providing access to current data stores.
- Set up several feed importers for ingesting content.
- Reviewed and stabilized the data model.
- Developed several routines to convert data for local stores as necessary.
- Added spam prevention to various public-facing forms.
- Devised plan for adding time-of-day filters to data views.
- Solved various timezone issues.