Holland America Line, the American/British owned cruise line, required a booking flow. It was developed using Drupal 8.
- Researched various configuration deployment approaches across development environments.
- Developed workable solution for packaging bundles of configuration as features.
- Modified the configuration merge workflow as necessary to match requirements.
- Finalized process for merging Web UI configuration with developers’ configuration in code.
- Determined the best cryptographic cipher suite to use for supporting common browsers.
- Proposed and oversaw plans for improving caching, load balancing, and adding a logging server.
- Instituted policy of tracking all application configuration in the code repository under version control.
- Rejigged file permissions and ownership for securing Staging and Production systems.
- Added a feature to simplify the Drush command handling merging.
- Devised process for connecting to the corporate VPN though Linux.
- Refined developer documentation for setting up and maintaining local sandbox sites.
- Reviewed existing configuration management processes and the Nginx Web server configuration.
- Standardized application configuration across all environments.
- Developed deployment processes and supervised code deployments.
- Managed continuous integration with Jenkins via development build scripts.
- Enhanced the release tagging strategy and process for emergency code fixes.
- Performed developer code reviews.
- Tuned applications for performance.