On Friday, October 26th, I presented at DrupalCamp Ottawa 2018. That's the annual gathering of the Drupal community in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Are you (considering) building a SaaS product on Drupal or running a Drupal hosting company? Have you done it already? Come share your experiences and learn from others.
Among other things, we'll be discussing:
- Project vs. product business
- Installation profiles / distributions
- Customer service (e.g. GitLab's Service Desk)
- Hosting architecture (Drupal hosting companies vs. Aegir)
- Infrastructure (IaaS hosting providers: OpenStack vs. AWS, GCS, Azure, etc.)
- E-commerce, recurring billing and subscription provider integration
- Aegir Site Subscriptions
- Resource quotas
- Site admin access permissions for clients
...and any other related topics that come up.
A video recording of our presentation is available on YouTube (with the audio track missing, unfortunately), and my slides (with clickable links) are available at talks.consensus.enterprises/drupal-saas.
This article, DrupalCamp Ottawa 2018: Drupal SaaS: Building software as a service on Drupal, appeared first on the Colan Schwartz Consulting Services blog.
Add new comment